Thursday, April 22, 2010

MY NOT SO LITTLE VERSION OF THE LITTLE BLUE BOX...

so what girl doesn't love that famous little blue box with the white ribbon?...well i know i do!...anywho...i might not be the best at math...but i do know...one huge white wall up the staircase + some greenbean flair = one pretty cool home decor project...well...i ended up taking one of those little boxes to home depot and had some high gloss paint tinted a yummy tiffany blue...covered my ginormous canvas...i'm talking 4 foot by 3 foot...and since i'm all about monogramming or personalizing...came up the with play on tiffany and co...and made it mason (my last name) and co...doing this project before i discovered vinyl...i cut the letters from plantin schoolbook and traced 'em...yeah...i went old school...filled 'em in with some acrylic paint...and ta da...something worthy of madison avenue!...


 

21 comments:

MinaAriel said...

Really cute idea!

Cindy McVey said...

Girl, your creativity is endless! I love this!

Ohhh Snap said...

What a great wall decor! TFS :D

jessnlinda said...

that is so nice!!!!

Liza said...

that is amazing. i love it :)

DtsArt said...

I LOVE This

Hoo's Crafty! said...

love love love this. I made a small box for a bride that said Mr & Mrs trying to go with the same font. I LOVE THIS!! I may make one if my room every gets finished.

Raquel SK said...

I absolutely LOVE this!! I wish you could come over to my house and help me redecorate! I'd be willing to throw all the junk laying around into a pit in my backyard and watch it burn! Maybe even roast some marshmallows?

Amanda @ Serenity Now said...

Adorable!! I love your take on the little blue box. :) Very cool. I'm visiting from The CSI Project. :)

Kenzie said...

I love this, it's so simple and elegant! The color is to die for too!

Anonymous said...

So simple and so cute!

Stephanie Lynn @Under the Table and Dreaming said...

Super cute! I would mind a tiny blue box myself! Adorable!

Norma Lee @ Norma Lee Good said...

Oh how I love the famous blue boxes. This is such a cute idea. I love the color and I love that you went old school which is how I would have to do it since I dont have a cricut.

Thrifty Decor Chick said...

That is adorable!!

Jen @ tatertotsandjello.com said...

So clever. I love it!

Thanks so much for linking up to the CSI Project! We really appreciate it. I hope you will come back next week for our Hardware Store challenge!

XOXO
Jen

Mandy England said...

Absolutely adorable! Can't help but love this :]

Kelli W said...

Adorable! I love the color! I actually went to the Tiffany's in NYC a few weeks ago...but I didn't get a little blue box.

Mary said...

This is so clever! I'm not sure how good it would look with Wilde & Co. Hehe! But yours looks great!

Unknown said...

That's a great piece of personalized art for your home. Nice job on the old school style, too.

Lori said...

Very cute and innovative!

VIRG @ WASTE NOT WANT KNOT said...

OMG! I can see myself (and a million on girly girls) doing this too! Wonder what to do with a hyphenated name though...hmmm

Related Posts with Thumbnails