Wednesday, April 21, 2010

CELEBRATE EARTH DAY IN A MAGNETIC WAY...

so...with earth day coming up...i just had to use my give a hoot cart...then...i saw this beyond adorable mini magnet board vid chic 'n scratch did...and i just had to do 'em!...who'd a thunk it to go in the roofing section for crafting supplies?...well...i'm glad someone did...because these are my new addiction!...

 


 


these little guys use a 5 X 7 galvanized roof step flashing...of course my store didn't have 'em...so i orderd off of amazon (came in quanties of 100...so that should last me until the weekend...lol)...then you pick whatever patterned paper you want to use..i reached for my dcwv green stack...how eco-riffic!...trimmed any paper poking over...did a little sanding...just to smoothe the sides..used my corner chomper to round the edges...punched tho holes with the big bite...and added some matching ribbon for a hanger...then needed to create some magnets...i cut the recycling symbol off give a hoot at 2 1/2 inches...finally broke out the utee (ultra thick embossing enamel) to make 'em thick and glossy!...slapped a magnet on the back...and there you go...one eco chic project with it's own magnetic personality!...

click here if you want to see where i ordered from...just save some for the others!...lol...

12 comments:

Ohhh Snap said...

MAGNET-ficent!!! I always like to have a few necessaries on hand of my favorite crafting supplies :D.

Queen Bee said...

Cute comment Ohhh Snap - very clever!! :) I am wanting this same material )roof shingles for a project - how funny!! Another great GB idea... how do you sleep?!? I have a lot of ideas - just never the time to execute them with 2 little ones under foot.
TFS! It goes without saying that I LOVE LOVE LOVE your blog. Cute name, clever background, great content! I'm so glad that you started one... :)

beazora said...

To funny I saw the video of Angie making the board and loved it, since then I've been looking for the step flashing, my Home Depot and Lowes only have it in rolls.
Did yours come in a roll, if so what did you use to cut it, also you used the corner chomper to round the edges (did this worked with no problems)
You did a great job!!!
Thanks for sharing.
beazora@yahoo.com

**Treefrog** said...

Carrie these are too cute! Love it! You are one crazy girl....But you already knew that. LOL So do we all know what your Xmas cards are going to be made with this year!???...(Wow, that could be cute!) What in the world are you going to do with 100 pieces of flashing!? LOL

Candace Pelfrey said...

OMG I LOVE THESE!!! Thanks soooo much for the inspiration!

karen said...

These are just great!!! I checked Amazon, but didn't see what you ordered. Can you post a link? Did you use a corner rounder?
Thank you!
Karen

greenbean said...

thanks everyone!...i did go back and post a link to the amazon store where i got these!...now i just wonder how many houses are going to have a leaky roof because we're buying up all the stock for craft supplies?...lol...

ScrapHappySteph said...

These are so neat. I just watched the video you linked to it. Are these really sharp? Can you use anything else to cut the corners? What did you use? I have a couple of young kids but I would love to make some of these. Super cute!!

greenbean said...

scraphappysteph...these really don't have a sharp edge at all...maybe it's because they're precut?....not sure...plus it helps once the paper goes on there...i used corner chompers to round the edges...hope that helps!...

Jean said...

I am going to have to make some of these. Great job!

Unknown said...

I could use some help, after I saw you project I could not wait to do this with my daughter, I found all of the suppplies and then when I went to cut the corners off with the corner chomper, not even my husband could cut a corner off. Is there a trick that I did not know about? Any help would be great.
Thank you,
Dianne diacoffey@aol.com

aud1inok said...

I did it! Thanks for the great craft idea! I love your site!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails