Tuesday, May 25, 2010

GOTTA HAVE MY COLOR!

i'm not really the white walls type of gal...so when it comes to color...i go all out!...i love love love green...and knew that my living room had to include it...but really wanted to add a little interest...but without giving you eyes too much to look at...so...i grabbed some flat and semi gloss paint in the same exact color...and came up with one pretty cool room!...

now...straight on...you don't see too much...just because it's all the same color...

 
but when the light shines on it...or you hit it at an angle...you see tons and tons of shiny stripes...

 

 

 
want to know how it's done?...well...you gotta get flat and semi gloss in the same exact color...starting with the flat...paint the whole room...then...i wanted vertical stripes...so i grabbed my handy laser level...shot it at the wall...and taped up...i'm a pretty random person...so my stripes had to match...no set pattern...just went with skinny and fat all over the room...and then...you paint with the semi gloss!...when the tape comes off...the jaws drop!...you don't know how many compliments i get on this room!...these pics don't give it justice...guess i'll just have to invite everyone over to see it in person!...lol...

Visit thecsiproject.com

7 comments:

staygood1 said...

love love love the wall!

paperscissors said...

waiting for my invitation! that is a beautiful wall treatment!

The6ofusinca said...

oooooh I love it! You amaze me!
Hey just wnated to let you know my WallyWorld is ALMOST done remodeling and they FINALLY stocked pink marshmallows!!!! How cool is that!??!!? lol
Thanks for all your inspiration!!!

xoxo
Jen

Tracy said...

Love your walls. Beautiful

Thrifty Decor Chick said...

I LOVE this look! Beautiful!

Jen @ tatertotsandjello.com said...

Such a great idea. I love it!

Thanks so much for linking up to the CSI Project! We really appreciate it. I hope you will come back next week for our Hardware Store challenge!

XOXO
Jen

Kathy said...

That looks awesome! I may have to do something similar in my bedroom...thanks once again for the inspiration.

Related Posts with Thumbnails