Friday, March 26, 2010

TRES TRES CHIC...

(insert french accent here)...wanted to share something i whipped up earlier this week...it's a french memo board!...i've been wanting to try these for awhile and finally got off my derriere and did one...of course...in true greenbean fashion...i had to put my own spin on it...so i went the whompy way...

Photobucket

Photobucket

super duper easy to do!...i recycled an old canvas...pretty sure it was 16" x 20"...but of course any size will work...took some batting and double layered...to give it that puffy look...stapled that on...then trimmed the excess...attached my fabric...again...trimmed the excess...believe it or not...my fabric started out as a baby curtain i got at target on clearance...now...for the ribbon...traditionally...it will go in a lattice type style...but since i'm not traditional...i went in my own pattern...then...at the intersections of the ribbon...i used brads...with a petite bit of bling...but you can use buttons...flowers...whatever you want!...and voila!...one magnifique french memo board!...

10 comments:

**Treefrog** said...

Wee Wee Tres Bee U Tea Full LOL Love It! Was that French enough for you! Hee Hee Love the Wonky, it's so You!

~HappyScrappinMama~ said...

This is adorable! I love the wonky ribbons! It would look great in my scrap space...LOL

Audrey Frelx said...

Wee-wee, it is such a cutie...LOL!!! It is so pretty!

When you have a chance, look me up too!

Audrey
http://cuteandsome.blogspot.com

I'll be seeing you!

Sheila aka SassyLady said...

Very pretty... I don't know a thing in french so we will stick with beautiful!

paperscissors said...

tres magnifique!

Anonymous said...

J'adore le memo board! I keep wanting to try one of these; I'm going to have to get off my derriere, too.

thescrapmaster said...

I love it!! (I thought I was already following, but I guess I wasn't LOL. I do like to visit you)

Hugs,
Samantha

Kathy said...

That is awesome!

Nancy said...

did you punch the brads thru or are they glued on to the ribbon?

greenbean said...

i punched the brads completely through....

Related Posts with Thumbnails