Saturday, November 5, 2011

SCRUB A DUB DUB

so...seems that my hand scrub post from last year has been pretty popular...and i thought it was time to take it to the next level...that's right...how 'bout a body scrub?...that will bubble up when you rub rub rub in the tub tub tub!...or shower...lol...

bubbling sugar scrub

grab some sugar...and then your shower gel...mmmm...banana nut bread....

step 1

fill up your container with some sugar and start squirting in the shower gel...

step 2

that's about enough...

step 3

mix 'er up!...now if at anytime...you feel it's too thick...then add some more shower gel...if it's too runny...add more sugar...

step 4

all done!...

step 5

since this batch is for gifting...i'm putting it in a purtier container...this is one i had on hand...but you can pick these up at almost any craft store...just take a looksie in the soap section...oh...and i'd suggest using plastic...because glass and the shower don't really mix...

step 6

just spoon it in until it's all filled!...and if you're lucky...you made some extra to keep for yourself...

step 8

here's a test run on the arm...see all that scrubby goodness?...yeah...imagine that every where!...that's the reason for using the shower gel!...

see all that scrubby goodness?...

i did some really simple decorating by doing just a stripe of patterned paper tape around the container...then found a great little flower to add the finishing touch!...

sugar scrub

now remember...this stuff isn't just for gift giving...this is fab to have on hand all the time!...

****check out my linky party directory to see where i'm linking to this week!...

20 comments:

Darcy M said...

thanks, I think even I can do this!

Jen said...

where did you get your containers you used?

Theresa said...

Quick and simple. Love it! Thanks for showing us how to make some delicious body scrub!

Shawn Mosch said...

You had me at Banana Nut Bread . . . I can almost smell it through the computer screen!

Shawn ~ Getting Cricky Design Team Member
Crafty Chics Blog
and
MyCutSearch.com ~ Find your Cricut images FAST!
Webmasters Earn Money Here!

Cheryl said...

Love this idea! Thank from one Philosphy Girl to another!

SparklyCupcake said...

Just pinned you on Pinterest. Love this cool idea

Michelle said...

I have also pinned! This so quick and simple you can whip some up so quickly for a last minute gift. Thanks for sharing.

Nicole [The Lovely Poppy] said...

thanks for sharing! i'm stopping by from the lovely poppy and would love for you to stop by and check out the huge giveaway that ends this thursday- http://thelovelypoppy.blogspot.com/2011/10/blog-follower-giveaway.html xoxo nicole

Nikki Monet said...

Nice! I love the way you decorated the container. New follower here. I would love it if you would stop by and link this up to my linky party going on right now :) http://everything-underthemoon.blogspot.com/2011/11/bedazzle-me-monday-7_6572.html

Also, if you get a chance PRETTY PLEASE check out Random Acts of Kindness Week going on next week. I would love to see you be a part of it!! :)
http://everything-underthemoon.blogspot.com/2011/11/kindness-and-thanksgiving.html

Have a great week!

Carrie said...

I cannot wait to try this! I would be delighted if you would link this post to Spa{ahhh} Sundaze (http://www.projectpossessed.com/spaahhh-sundaze/spaahhh-sundaze-116/).
Your newest GFC follower,
Carrie
www.projectpossessed.com

Christie said...

This is awesome!! Great idea

Carol, The Answer Is Chocolate said...

Love this idea. Perfect for gift giving! Thanks for sharing at this week's BFF Open House!

Carol, The Answer Is Chocolate said...

Wanted to let you know I featured this as part of my Open House Link Party Wrap Up! Feel free to grab a featured button from my sidebar if you like!

Sweetwater Style said...

Oh this is just great! I am pinning it to go with my Bath Salts...here is the post on that
http://sweetwaterstyle.blogspot.com/2011/10/thrifty-moisturizing-bath-soak-recipe.html
Great minds think alike :)

Snowmanlover said...

This soooo neat, thanks!

Veronica said...

I hope it's okay with you that I posted a link of you to (http://olealoveonme.blogspot.com/)

Cheri said...

Such a neat gift!
Thank you for sharing...we all need those little pick me ups!
Hope you get to feeling better soon.
Hugsssssss, Cheri

Taelia88 said...

oh! wow! i just found you! That's a pretty quick and simple scrub! I love it!!

cik chinta said...

wanna try it

Anonymous said...

Oooooh I am in LOVE with this!! I just made a small test batch, with some not so great smelling shower gel that I've had for years. Holy COW it works like a charm!!! I am planning on making some of this sugar scrub for Christmas gifts. Thank you for posting this recipe!

Related Posts with Thumbnails