Sunday, October 23, 2011

BRAIN FOOD

well...more like brain candy...lol...ended up making this spook-tacular treat that would be perfect for any zombie...just took some candy melts...microwaved per directions...tinted with a little red food coloring...and poured into brain shaped molds...

candy brain

see...how great these turned out?...

candy brain

yeah...there's a couple bubbles in there...maybe i could've tapped the mold a little bit to get the air out...note to self for next time....

candy brain

decided to package 'em up to look like specimens in the laboratory...perhaps from young frankenstein's?....lol...

candy brain

of course...chocolate can be used too!...but since i had the vanilla on hand...it was a no brainer to use that...insert evil laugh here....

****check out my linky party directory to see where i'm linking to this week!...

12 comments:

Diane Hodrick said...

That is so creepy I couldn't eat it. lol. Another cute idea!

DebWestbury said...

The holes are the disease eatting th brain... I have seen soap made from this mold also...

Amy said...

Super cool!

AShu93 said...

Those are great! For even more fun, just put the chocolate around the sides of the mold & leave room for a cream filling (tinted red of course). Then top off with the choc to seal in an oozie treat! I love to do that with the eyeball mold.

Crafty Mischief said...

Haha! I love that movie! What a great idea! I found you at Craft-O-Maniac. Thanks for sharing!

Erin said...

Those are awesome. I need that mold!

Cranberry Morning said...

How funny!! Just think: when I get older, I can keep my teeth AND my brains in a jar on the nightstand. :-)

That Crazy Ajumma said...

Ha ha!
I love it!
As soon as I saw Abby Normal on the little picture from UTTD, I knew exactly what it meant!
I have watched it more times than my age lol.

Carol, The Answer Is Chocolate said...

Oh how fantastic! My son is a zombie fanatic so I will have to look for a mold to make these for him.

Jenn Erickson said...

So, so clever, especially the way you packaged it in the jar!

One of my favorite Halloween inspired crafts of the season!

Jenn

Sassy Sites! said...

So fun and WAY gross at the same time! :) Thanks for linking up to Sassy Sites FFA party! Have a wonderful Halloween weekend! XOXO!!

Marni @ Sassy Sites!

Snowmanlover said...

lol!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails