Sunday, December 18, 2011

CANDLE COUTURE!

so...if you're like me...you kinda get tired of the same 'ol gift bag for odd shaped presents...well...with a trip to the "i don't wear anymore but can't seem to get rid of" pile in my closet got me thinking of a super cute way to dress up a candle!...

that's right...this guy is now sporting the the lastest fashion in winter wick wear...oh you didn't know?...teeny tiny toboggans and scarves are the rage!...and with just a couple of easy steps...you can have this candle couture too!...

teeny tiny toboggan

take an old sweater and turn it inside out...then cut about 6" inches off the sleeve...

step one

gather up the rough end and wrap a rubber band around there...

step 2

turn right side out and flip up the finished edge...now isn't that just the cutest darn thing?...pretty brrr-illiant if you ask me!...

finished

plop on top of your candle and finish 'er off with a ribbon scarf!...now it's all ready for gifting!...but you don't have go running to your closets and start cutting up sweaters...the more i thought about it...using socks would do the trick too!...

****check out my linky party directory to see where i'm linking to this week!...

9 comments:

Donna OShaughnessy said...

FANTASTIC! Being simple myself I tend to love simple

Donna~One Simple Country Girl said...

That is so cute and clever! Love it!

Marilyn said...

That is adorable! Very, very clever! Thank you for sharing!

Unknown said...

Cute idea. It definitely brightens up a candle gift. I would love it if you would stop by and share at the crafty link party going on right now at Lines Across.
I hope to see you soon,
Rachel
http://linesacrossmyface.blogspot.com/2011/12/cure-for-common-monday-22.html

Lisa B said...

Super cute! You always have the most creative projects. We miss you over on the Cricut Circle MB.

Estelle Grace Tudor said...

That made me giggle, so cute! Visiting via Funky Polka Dot Giraffe - glad I did! New follower x

Nadia (WithGlitteringEyes.blogspot.com) said...

Such a cute idea-- as always!!

Merry Christmas!
Nadia

ThreeOldKeys said...

very cute. i love it !!!

i've done the same thing to make hats for stuffed animals ... (certain bears and bunnies needed cheerful winterwear) ... but adding a hat to a gift tin/candle/box is an A-HA!!!!!

thanks.

new follower.

Oshi said...

I LOVE your blog!! full of crafty and awesome ideas!! :D :D I became ur follower!! :):)
visit my blog, I would be glad if u would like to follow me too! :) http://oshifugushima.blogspot.com/

kisses from Italy and keep going on ur way, u're cool!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails