Saturday, June 4, 2011

WASHI + TEALIGHT = ADORABLE

so...i'm quite the fan of washi paper tape...mainly get it off etsy...but some popular companies are starting to do up these tiny rolls of cuteness now...well...i've had some plain tealight candles that has been staring at me to do something with 'em...and with my new motto..."when in doubt, washi it out"...grabbed some rolls and got to wrapping!...

042

now...to package up these cuties...found this little kraft box in my stash...stamped it with a very fitting sentiment from pink by design...packed 12 tealights in there...tied together the whole design with wrapping some of the washi around the box...

051

here's an aerial shot...lol...

044

pop open the box let the cuteness out!....this is such an easy peasy project!...plus...it covers all that banged up ugliness that these little guys are known for...

046

you don't have to only do this project with the metal tealights...these are some yankee candle votives that i had on hand...even with the clean lines of the clear...still doesn't hurt to add a little something something!....

035

oh...and no box for packaging?...just pick yourself up a tiny little votive holder...stack 'em in there...and tie with a coordinating bow!...now you've got a gift in a gift!...

038

i might not be the best at math...but i do know that washi tape + tealight does equal adorable!....

****check out my linky party directory to see where i'm linking to this week!...

22 comments:

Kim said...

Cute tea lights:)
~Kim

Lili said...

How clever! TFS :)

Janeen said...

What a cute idea! Love the black and white design! TFS!

Tracy said...

Very pretty projects.
I don't have any of this tape, but I love the black and white one, so elegant.

Stephanie Dang said...

i have debated over these decorated tapes! you sure are tempting me!

imsteelefullofscrap said...

How cute and easy to make thank u for the idea!!!

Snowmanlover said...

love em love em love em!

TheLastOfNine said...

Cute - cute - cute!!!
Gloria

jamie w said...

how cute. what a great idea. i've been itching to get some washi tape for a bit now.

Hoo's Crafty! said...

great idea!

Marcie said...

What a fantastic idea!

Teri said...

I double checked your math and you are 100% correct, washi tape + votives does equal cuteness!!!!! They are simply the sweetest!!! Beautiful idea for a wedding shower favor!! Thanks for your great ideas!!
Hugs,
Teri

Anne-Marie said...

What a great idea! That tape is so super cute and is perfect for tealights!

Valerie Earnest said...

Love this! Love the packaging too! I am featuring this on my blog tomorrow (Thursday the 9th) for Three Things Thursday. Come on over in the morning and check it out, and grab a featured button if you like!

Valerie- www.occasionallycrafty.blogspot.com

Shannon White said...

This is so Fabulous! What a Terrifically creative gift! Love it!

Hugs
Shannon 8-)

DonnaMundinger said...

I've gotta find some of that tape in colors. Soo cute! xxD

Carol, The Answer Is Chocolate said...

What a great idea and as if I'm not already addicted to tapes...washi, packaging, you name it! I featured these as part of my link party wrap up so feel free to grab a featured button from my sidebar if you're so inclined

Christine said...

I love this idea--and it's always wonderful to find another washi tape fan! I found you over at The Answer is Chocolate--nice to meet you!

Carole said...

Where do you buy your washi tape? Never seen it, but now I want summmm!

Unknown said...

These are AWESOME! I loveeeeeeee all the details! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Gift Ideas

longlegsrule said...

oh my gosh this is such a cute idea! I found washi tape at http://www.wishywashi.com/ and am definitely going to do this project!

Stephanie Gontijo said...

Nice!! i loved the idea! www.luxentas.blogspot.com.br

Related Posts with Thumbnails