Saturday, January 22, 2011

GIMME A C-O-O-Z-I-E

so...with the big game coming up...thought i'd get on the football and make a little sports themed craftie...for some reason...astroturf immediately came to mind...hee hee...astrotuf...i love that word...because it's like you're cussing...but not really...oops...need to focus...

anywho...made a trip to lowes and got the 'turf...now...i could only find a ginormous rug...i'm talking like 16' by 19'...and that's feet not inches...so...it goes without saying...that you'll be seeing other artificial grass projects...since i now have a buttload of the stuff!...

 
so...you want the play by play on how to do one up?...well...let's get started!...

you'll need...some 'turf...a beer or pop (yes...i say pop) can...or...if you'll be serving up bottles...then one of those...glue gun...and a piece of paper to make a pattern...

 
measure around the can...

 
cut your paper to the size you're wanting...it seems that 3" inches by 8 1/2" inches fit most cans...

 
take your pattern and trace on the turf...then cut 'er out!...

 
run a thin line of hot glue down one edge...

 
bring the other side around...and press firmly to get a good bond...

 
see...all nice and neat...

 
now...just slip on the can!...

 
you can slap a football on there if you want...i used my cricut and the wrap it up cartridge to cut this little guy out...also...used my cuttlebug and mesh texture embossing folder to get all the little footballish bumpies...

 
when i say can...you say cooozie...can!...coozie!...can!...coozie!....

****check out my linky party directory on the sidebar to see where i'm linking to this week!...

37 comments:

Mary George said...

Very cute C-O-O-Z-I-E

Jean said...

Super Cute!

Kris said...

That is super cute, your so talented!!

Unknown said...

What a cute and fun idea! I wish I was having a superbowl party to make these for!

Kim said...

Cute:)
~Kim

Unknown said...

I just bought some of this stuff at Home Depot for my daughter's Puppy themed b-day party. You can buy it by the foot...except it's 12 feet in length, so YAY! now i have a project to do with the extra 8 feet of of astroturf i now own!

Susan @ Oh My! Creative said...

Great game day fun!

Susan,
http://entertainexchange.blogspot.com/
Party and Entertaining Inspiration

Leslie said...

love it!!! TFS

Allie said...

SO FUNNY! I love it! Perfect for Super Bowl parties!!

buglvr2010 said...

Love it! I need one right now as a matter of fact!

Nikki Foraker said...

SHUT UP!!!!!!!!!!! I just showed my hubs!!! He LOVES it and I do too!!!! Love love love!!!

I SAY POP TOO!!!!!!!!

♥ Nikki ♥

It's Jenn! said...

Hilarious and absolutely awesome! You are quite the innovator!

ScrappnBee said...

This made me laugh, then go hmmmmm....that ROCKS! I totally love it. Thanks for sharing!

Got2BCrafting said...

You are such a clever girl!! :) These are adorable. Can't wait to see your other astroturf projects!!
Lori
http://got2bcrafting.blogspot.com/

jessnlinda said...

umm you should be running the world!!! you have such great ideas!!

Tracy said...

This is such a fun project :)

Amy said...

Oh, my word, this is "super" cool!

The Autocrat: Haley said...

That is such a great idea! Very inventive!

Anonymous said...

I love the way you think outside the box. The coozie is too cute for words.

Julianna said...

Great project! I'd love for you to link up at Inspire Me Mondays!
http://singingthreelittlebirds.blogspot.com/2011/01/inspire-me-mondays-1.html

Unknown said...

Now that is clever! So fun!!

Lisa Nelsen-Woods said...

Great idea! If you've ever had the "pleasure" of falling on an AstroTurf football field, you'd definitely want to cuss. It doesn't give at all like real grass.

Teri said...

So....just askin'...what else would you SAY besides "pop"? LOL!!!! Oh what arguements I had with my cousins in PA. over this subject.... sooooda.... not!!!! LOL!! Your can cozies are just the best!!!
Hugs,
Teri

Sarah Takens said...

This is one of the coolest Superbowl decor ideas I have ever seen! Thanks for posint on Craft-O-Matic!

DANA said...

If you have not been by already, I hope you enter my linky contest! You could be the Best of January 2011 and be showered with prizes! While you are there, I have several Valentines giveaways going on right now!

http://www.thesaturdaymorningsblog.com/2011/01/strut-your-stuff-link-up-party.html

April said...

Cute! what a great idea!

Christina @ It's a Keeper said...

This looks great! I would love for you to link this or any of your projects or recipes to my blog hop @ It's a Keeper Thursdays. http://www.everydaytastes.com/

Thanks so much for sharing!

Anonymous said...

I love it! I made a purse out of astroturf once. It's such a fun material. Thanks for linking it up!

Unknown said...

ADORABLE!! Perfect for Superbowl!

yaya creations said...

your mind amazes me! love this site please keep them coming.
Ashley Morgan

Kerie's Kafe said...

LOVE IT -- thanks for sharing your ideas ~ you are just to talented lady!!
www.kerieskafe.blogspot.com

Jarna said...

Fun idea:)

Go Packers!!!

Audrey Frelx said...

Hi, Greenbean! What a great idea!!! This is too cute!

tt.scraps said...

Copied you...again! Posting mine this weekend! :) Thanks for the GREAT idea!!!
Hugs,
Tammy

LisaRosan said...

OMG! Really, is there anything else that can be said? OMG!!

Lindy@Itsy Bitsy Paper said...

Hi! I featured this project on Fun Friday Finds. I hope you will stop by and grab a featured button.
www.itsybitsypaperblog.com

Melissa Graham said...

You have been featured on Monday Funday at Mel’s Daisy Patch. Come grab a Button. http://melsdaisypatch.blogspot.com/search?q=monday+funday

Related Posts with Thumbnails